Saturday, July 17, 2010

Field Trip # 47: It's Tea Time


Today I decided to follow up on info that I gleaned from the parenting resource guides I picked up at the library. I was intrigued by "Tea With Mrs. B" because I felt that this could be an affordable and authentic tea room that is used to having groups of students come by. So I thought that this would be an appropriate experience in conjunction with a unit of study on England or Ireland.

I called them up and I was pleased to find that they have done similar cultural programs in the past to highlight British high tea and even a Japanese tea ceremony. They also include some sort of craft activity that would connect to the culture in order to round out the hour and a half experience. I loved looking at the pictures online and I could tell that it would fit in nicely with a British style tea experience due to the furnishings and china. The cost of this program would be $35 a student and the ideal maximum would be 18 students. They have accommodated up to 40 students in the past but that would not be the ideal. Be sure to call weeks in advance to schedule a formal tea in this beautiful house.



Contact Info:
Tea With Mrs. B
7740 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
202-448-2930
http://teawithmrsb.com
B@TeaWithMrsB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment